How To Find Qualified Holistic Medicine Providers and Holistic Doctors,
How To Find Qualified Holistic Medicine Providers and Holistic Doctors
Holistic medicine takes into account the body, spirit, and mind, rather than just the body as traditional western medicine tends to do. Holistic medicine practitioners believe that what impacts the body, also impacts the mind and the spirit. And that what impacts the mind, also impacts the body and the spirit. For example, as we learn more and more about depression, a disease that impacts the mind, we are seeing proof that the body is also affected with symptoms such as headaches and exhaustion.
Holistic medicine tends to be more natural-minded than western medicine and looks for the cause of an illness rather than treating the symptoms of an illness.
The following information will help you find a holistic medicine provider in your area.
- Go to American College for Advancement in Medicine's website. According to its website, ACAM is a 'not-for-profit medical society dedicated to educating physicians and other health care professionals on the latest findings and emerging procedures in preventive/nutritional medicine. ACAM's goals are to improve skills, knowledge and diagnostic procedures as they relate to complementary and alternative medicine; to support research; and to develop awareness of alternative methods of medical treatment.' This site offers many listings of doctors in fields such as Hypnosis, Yeast Syndrome, and Photoluminescence Therapy.
- Go to the website for the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. As the title of the group suggests, the professionals at AAEM work to educate the public about the 'interaction between humans and their environment.' The AAEM believes the environment and what we eat is a factor in many health issues, especially chronic issues such as Gulf War Syndrome, and Endocrine Mimicry Disorders. Instead of treating the symptoms of an illness, the AAEM believes in looking at what caused the illness in the first place. Its website links to a number of physicians broken up according to state and specific physicians' specialties listed.
- Go to American Association for Health Freedom's website. According to its mission statement, the Health Freedom Foundation 'educates consumers, health professionals and policy makers about the value, safety and efficacy of alternative and complementary modalities, to facilitate optimal health, prevent and treat disease; actively promote awareness and acceptance of alternative and complementary therapies, as well as health freedom issues and litigate, as necessary, to protect the rights of consumers, in particular their right to access the full range of therapies, and to protect the rights of practitioners to make those therapies available without threat of censure, harassment or sanctions.' This website allows you search for providers by last name of the provider, state and/or city.
- Go to the website for the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. The physicians belonging to the AANP have specialties such as therapeutic nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, natural childbirth, acupuncture, psychology/counseling, classical Chinese medicine, hydrotherapy, naturopathic manipulative therapy, pharmacology and minor surgery. Naturopathic physicians do use all methods of clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing including diagnostic radiology and other imaging techniques. Naturopathic physicians do not perform major surgeries and do not use most synthetic drugs. This website allows you to find a provider based on last name, state, city and/or zip code.
- Go to American Holistic Medical Association's website. The principles of the AHMA are 'optimal health, the healing power of love, healing the whole person, prevention and treatment, innate healing power, integration of healing systems, relationship-centered care, individuality, teaching by example and learning opportunities.' Go to its website for more information about its principles and to find a practitioner. The AHMA's website allows you to search by state, city, last name, and/or specialty.
- American College for Advancement in Medicine
- American Holistic Medical Association
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- American Association for Health Freedom
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Other Alternative Health articles
Find Qualified Holistic Medicine Providers and Holistic Doctors Similar articles
Guess you like
>Find Qualified Holistic Medicine Providers and Holistic Doctors