Make Headed Paper: Personal, Professional and Business Letterhead, Get Tips for Using a Letterhead Template
Headed paper is mostly used for sending personalized letters. When used in companies, it is known as letterhead and several details should be included in the heading. The details may include the company's name, the name of the person, the company logo, the address of the business and the contact numbers and e-mail addresses. There are different companies where you can order headed paper but this can be expensive. If you want to save money, you can make your own.
Here is how you can make your own headed paper:
- Microsoft Word. You can create your own headed paper using Microsoft Word. There are different types of free letterhead templates that you can use in creating personalized note cards, a professional letterhead, a network paper, an exchange paper and also envelopes to go with it. There are many different designs you can choose from.
- Choose a letterhead template or design. The first thing you have to do is open a new document. You can then choose from the different templates available, whether with a design or something more simple.
- Personalizing the template. Some of the important information that is seen on a company letterhead are the company's name, your name, the logo of the company, the company address, the telephone number, fax number and e-mail address. Business designs will differ from personal letterhead designs. For personal letters, your name is enough. You can add this information on top of the page or at the bottom of the page. Look at different sample designs online to get ideas.
- Without template. You can also create a simple headed paper without using a template. On a new document, open the ‘View' menu and click on the option for ‘Print Layout'. Choose ‘Header and Footer' from the options. You will be able to see outlines on the header and footer of the page. You can then enter the information that you want to include on those spaces.
- Print. After you have completed your headed paper, you can choose to print on colored paper or a quality, thick paper. Once printed, you're ready to send memos, letters and notices.
These are the steps in how to make your own headed paper, which can also be done with online software. Before printing, double check to make sure all the information is correct. This will prevent you from wasting paper and printer ink if you make a mistake. You can choose to print many copies or you can save the headed paper on your computer so that you can use it each time you need to send a letter.